I did the long loop with R. and the short loop with M. I had a great convo with K. in the morning. I did a little disposal of paperwork, real and virtual. R. and I had lunch at El Huipil. A. and I watched the Wizard of Oz. We've been playing a Zynga match 3 game that is based on the movie, and so A. kept saying, "I recognize THAT" about various visual elements in the movie and lines. She didn't have any trouble grasping the surrounding frame vs. the dream idea, and she recognized the characters from one in the other with only a little help. I explained that is a series of books about Oz, but in the books, Oz is not a dream, it is real. She's all over reading those, so R. started reading the first one (we have a really pretty unabridged full color illustrated large format one). I'm super excited to get her through the series. I haven't reread it in a while, but I feel like this is going to be so much fun. Inevitably, my fond memories will be modified by the experience, but I'm okay with that, too.
- 1: Bloomberg futurist piece
- 2: Is $6 bread somehow reprehensible?
- 3: Friday's Activities Include: piano out, phone call, walk, photo purge
- 4: Monday's Activities Include: Boston! Walk, purging files
- 5: _Born in Fire_, Nora Roberts
- 6: Shredding Financial Paperwork: A Few Observations
- 7: Wednesday's Activities Include: walks, Red Raven, ants
- 8: Book Review: _Is It All In Your Head_, Suzanne O'Sullvan, MD
- 9: New term: Senior Move Specialist
- 10: Thursday's Activities Include: A's last day is a half day, play date, sushi
- Style: Adjustable Gradient for Bannering by
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags